INTERNSHIP IN THAILAND
XploreAsia is looking for qualified interns to join our marketing/program coordination team. Our marketing, and program coordination teams aim to expand our business in various areas under the umbrella of adventure and multicultural work and travel.
We seek interns with educational and/or work experience in business, sales, marketing, web development & IT, and/or hospitality & tourism. We are looking for interns who aren’t scared of working in a fast-paced, fun team environment, and who can participate in programs and initiatives dealing with global and local marketing, and client management.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
Interns will gain international business knowledge and cross-cultural skills
Opportunity to live in Thailand, and experience all the rich culture and natural beauty it has to offer
A one-week Thai culture and language orientation and related excursions
Build professional experience in education, management, and marketing
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Interns will be expected to engage and contribute to ongoing work projects, and participate in regular staff meetings and events at the workplace. Interns will have a direct supervisor to help train and mentor them, and to provide necessary guidance and feedback throughout the course of the internship.
- Interns will be expected to work five days a week 8:30-5:30.
- The work week will be approximately 40 hours.
- The program minimum duration is 12 weeks.
- Support marketing department initiatives, strategies, tactics, projects, and events
- Assist in the development, distribution and delivery of marketing materials
- Analyze competitor marketing efforts
- Explore ways of improving existing products and service
- Prepare and release press kits to local media
- Support social media efforts
- Implement new marketing initiatives on the website
- Write code for websites and implement changes
- Make recommendations for website improvement
- Maintain internal files and databases
- Promote attractions and events to clients
- Attend meetings and events as scheduled
- The ideal intern possesses excellent computer and oral/written communication skills, is organized, and adaptable to changing circumstances.
- Interns should be outgoing, self-motivated, think creatively, and be able to multi-task.
- Interns will need to be comfortable working in both individual and team settings.
- Previous sales, marketing, web development & IT, and/or hospitality & tourism experience is a plus. A degree in marketing, communications, business, or equivalent experience in sales, or business development is preferred.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE INTERNSHIP IN THAILAND PROGRAM
One week Thai cultural orientation course and related excursions
Airport pickup (provided interns land within 4 days of start date)
Accommodation in Hua Hin
Accommodation for one night in Bangkok upon arrival
Transfer from Bangkok to Hua Hin
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
Medical Insurance (unless otherwise stated)
Transportation while in Bangkok and Hua Hin
For more information on this program, fill out the form and we’ll get back to you!