ONLINE TESOL TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
XploreAsia offer a truly incredible Online TESOL Training and certification course. Our internationally accredited online TESOL training and certification is just four weeks long and provides significant instruction on the theories, strategies and techniques of teaching English as a second/foreign language.
The course also includes a cultural foundation segment to prepare students for the country they plan on teaching.
XploreAsia’s internationally accredited online 120-hour TESOL training and certification course provides significant instruction on the theories, strategies, and techniques for teaching English as a second/foreign language.
Based on an advanced, interactive online learning platform used in higher education institutions across the United States, our program teaches you all the skills and strategies you need to be successful, in just four weeks.
WHAT IS A TESOL?
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, or TESOL, is a certification in teaching English.
TESOL training helps teachers make a meaningful impact in the classroom, and avoid the frustration and pitfalls of being unprepared. We want you to have a great adventure, and our TESOL training helps.
ONLINE TESOL TRAINING INCLUDES:
Total course time: 120-hours
Taught on XploreAsia’s e-learn platform
- XploreAsia TESOL Certificate, final grade report, and personalized letter of recommendation
- Skype-based lesson presentations with significant real-time instructor feedback
- Significant practical training in how to teach listening, reading, speaking and writing in the classroom, including extensive lesson plan development, and feedback from both peers and instructors
- Strong grounding in the history and theory of teaching English as a foreign/second language, taught in a way that emphasizes application of theory in the classroom
- Advice and guidance for effective classroom management
- Tons of tips, tricks, and examples of how to teach English to every age group.
- Module 1: Introduction to TESOL
- Module 2: Theory and lesson planning
- Module 3: Teaching speaking
- Module 4: Teaching grammar
- Module 5: Teaching reading
- Module 6: Teaching young learners
- Module 7: Teaching listening
- Module 8: Assessment
- Module 9: Classroom management
BENEFITS OF ONLINE TESOL TRAINING VERSUS AN IN-CLASS
Online TESOL training and certification provides participants with the opportunity to learn the most effective strategies for teaching ESL students, and earn an accredited TESOL certification, while staying at home.
The online TESOL course allows participants to progress at their own pace, and is great for people who want to continue working and saving money at home. Online TESOL participants will prepare lesson presentations and demo them over Skype.
“XploreAsia has one of the best online programs that I have ever seen! They are clearly fully committed to maintaining high standards and giving students a first-rate online learning experience.”Trevor Brindley
- Group/classmate introductions
- Introduction to the history and theory of teaching English as a second language
- Examining the structure and key elements of a lesson plan.
- Learning time management skills for the classroom, and how to understand and anticipate available resources, technology, student ability, and school expectations.
- At the end of week 1, students will complete their first lesson plan.
The second week of the course focuses on teaching speaking. This is a very important week because many foreign schools ask their native English speaking teachers to focus on improving their student’s spoken English.
- Students will develop a full speaking lesson, as well as a script detailing how they would present their lesson to an actual ESL class.
- Students will then get the opportunity to practice and develop their teaching skills by presenting their lesson to an instructor via Skype. Participants will present their lesson as if they were presenting the lesson to an actual group of ESL learners.
- The Skype lesson gives the instructor an opportunity to provide verbal feedback on each student’s ability to provide simple instructions, set up classroom activities, and maintain effective pacing during the lesson.
- Students will also receive detailed instructor feedback on their lessons.
Week three covers the most effective strategies to teach reading.
- Students will learn about the many benefits ESL learners can gain from reading lessons, and also how to make those reading lessons fun!
- Students will learn how to create reading lessons for students of all different ages and proficiency levels.
- Students will also take part in a full grammar review, and learn how to incorporate grammar into basic language classes.
- Students will create a full reading lesson, and receive feedback.
- If requested, a Skype lesson with the instructor can be arranged, in order to provide additional guidance.
During the final week of the course, students will learn the most effective classroom strategies for teaching listening.
- Students will create and submit a listening lesson.
- Students will learn about classroom management. Although this is one of the last topics discussed, classroom management is an extremely important set of skills, and strategies necessary for successful cross-cultural classroom management.
- Students will complete a classroom management assignment.
- In addition to the listening and classroom management, students will also read two additional presentations dedicated to Assessment and Teaching English to Young Learners.
- At the end of week 4 students will take the final exam.
ENQUIRE NOW AND LETS CHAT!
For more information on this program, fill out the form and we’ll get back to you!