INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Our unique, flexible, modular international internship program offers a wealth of opportunities to experience working in international business and explore an exotic culture, leading to life-changing personal and professional growth experiences and an enhanced resume that will enable you to stand out from the crowd in today’s competitive labor market.
We seek interns with educational and/or work experience in business, sales, marketing, web development & IT, and/or hospitality & tourism. We are looking for interns who aren’t scared of working in a fast-paced, fun team environment, and who can participate in programs and initiatives dealing with global and local marketing, and client management.
International Internship – Featured Videos
Living in Hua Hin
Getting Involved in the Community
Advice for Future Interns
International Internship Options
We offer a variety of options to suit an area of professional development relevant to your need. We offer a multi-functional international internship program, designed to provide you with the experience you are looking for, in the country and culture that fits your personality.
Program Coordination and Management
For those interested in program coordination, international travel and business, as well as hospitality. Working with the programs department will enhance your organizational, program coordination, and time management skills, in an international business setting.
- Coordinating program orientation and assisting in daily operations
- Facilitating the preparation and organization of all programs across the XploreAsia network
- Interviewing new participants
- Providing guidance to client
- Collecting documentation and ensuring that documentation is completed to a high standard
- Managing the program pages on social media
- Troubleshooting issues
- Ensure information is conveyed to participants in a structured way in lead up to program start dates
- Support home country partners in their marketing efforts by sending them up to date information on the programs, program improvements and new initiatives.
- Driving participant reviews
- IT system development and management
- Strategizing and implementing program growth campaigns
Marketing Coordination and Management
Marketing is an essential element of any business in the modern age. We will guide you on best practices, provide training on website development, SEO, and social media management, as well as provide ample opportunity to expand your creative side in multiple projects that serve to market all of our programs across the world.
- Content creation and procurement
- Website development
- Social media management
- Documenting activities in visual and written forms
- Video production
- Creating attractive marketing packages for XploreAsia affiliates/partners
- Analytics for website and social media
- Competitive analysis
Education Development and Coordination
This is an excellent choice for someone that is passionate about education, with particular reference to curriculum development. Throughout your time, you will be responsible for developing curriculum and establishing best practices for instructors and students.
- Develop and implement curriculum across the organization for both in-class and online platforms
- Develop and implement best practices for TESOL certification courses both in-class and online
- Market research
- Teacher/instructor liaison, support, and training
Teaching Placement Coordination and Management
The teaching placement internship is the ideal choice for those that wish to experience working in a multi-cultural business setting. Ideal internship candidates will be able to enhance their communication skills, coordination and administrative skillsets, as well as be able to provide exceptional levels support to our clients at their placement locations.
- Provide logistical information for participant placement options
- Prepare placement spreadsheets for clients before arrival
- Conduct interviews with participants concerning placement opportunities
- Send teacher proposals to schools and agents
- Ensure participants are content with school placement
- Attend meetings and events as scheduled
NGO Coordination and Management
The opportunity to make a real difference while enhancing your professional skillset is available as an intern at Rescue P.A.W.S., our non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of stray animals in Hua Hin, Thailand, or For Future Foundation, our organization that is committed to providing English education to those that do not have access to it. This is the perfect opportunity to work with an international NGO, learning how to market and raise funds for causes close to your heart.
- Choice of operations, or marketing-based internship
- Developing marketing strategy across the organization
- International adoption management/facilitation
- Creating newsletters
- Website management/development
- Social media management
- Marketing content development/procurement
- Fundraising campaign management
- Work with local community, developing educational campaigns to create awareness
International Internship Locations
XploreAsia provide a choice of countries to choose from for your internship base. With a wealth of culture, fascinating sights, and a dedicated team to support you through the experience. Included is an incredible cultural orientation experienced designed to help you settle into your new home
Thailand (Multiple Department Options)
Our head office is located in the beautiful beach town resort of Hua Hin, Thailand. Located close to the beach, and with a wealth of options for weekend excursions and activities, Hua Hin is an excellent base in which to settle in as an intern.
South Korea (General Business Internship)
Located in Incheon, South Korea, your internship will be based at our language center in the heart of this suburb of Seoul with easy access to downtown Seoul. Asia TESOL Association is dedicated to providing exceptional English language education based on the Montessori method.
Vietnam (Multiple Department Options)
XploreAsia’s office is in central Ho Chi Minh City, with offices, meeting rooms and a large classroom for TESOL training. It is footsteps to accommodations, tons of food shops, the famous War Museum and numerous green spaces.
Myanmar (Multiple Department Options)
Yangon will be your home for the duration of your internship. Based in our language school, NELC-Xplore, you will have a deep cultural experience in this fascinating city, while supporting our organization that is dedicated to improving the lives of local people through English language education.
Flexible Internship Options
XploreAsia offer a full 12-week department focused international internship, or a modular internship, incorporating up to 3 departments in 4-week blocks, allowing flexibility in choosing the experience you need
International Internship – Example Program Structure
(12-Week Department Focused)
These are the key aims of each week for the duration of the internship program.
· Week One Orientation Week
· Week Two Initial Training and Development
· Week Three Major Project Research
· Week Four Major Project Pitch
· Weeks Five to Six Developing Major Project
· Week Seven Major Project Pitch
· Weeks Eight to Ten Major Project Implementation and Monitoring
· Week Eleven Developing Final Report and Presentation
· Week Twelve Final Report Submission + Presentation to Senior Management Team
Major projects are unique to you. We will task with you a SWOT analysis of you chosen department, followed up by developing SMART goals. Once a SMART plan has been developed, this will be used to create a project that utilize skills you have, or skills that you want to enhance, full training and guidance will be given throughout. Your SMART plan will be presented to the senior management team via PowerPoint. Once your plan has been implemented, you will be responsible for monitoring its efficacy, submitting regular analysis, using this data to inform your final report and presentation to the senior management team. Previous examples of major projects:
· Local fundraising projects
· Implementation of new educational approaches
· Marketing video projects and procedures
· Web traffic analysis and SEO enhancements
International Internship – Cultural Orientation
No matter which location you choose, you’ll experience an incredible 40hr orientation experience, one that is designed to help you acclimate to your new home for 12 weeks. All of our orientation experiences include lectures in culture and politics, language lessons, and meetings with your internship mentors.
- An action-packed introductory Muay Thai class
- Meditate with a monk at a local Buddhist temple, learn about religion and soak in the tranquil surroundings
- Volunteer with Rescue Paws, a non-profit organization dedicated to the care & rehabilitation of stray dogs in Hua Hin
- Dharma Talk with a Burmese monk
- Guided tour of the famous Shwedagon Pagoda
- Trip on the circle train around Yangon
- 40hr cultural week
- 12-week international internship program, offering flexibility across multiple departments
- Full training and onboarding process from day one
- Team events and activities
- Mentor for each department
- Work on large-scale individual projects that enhance professional skills
- Tailored, professional letter of recommendation for future employment
- Extensive training and support throughout internship program
- Accommodation (shared basis)
- Logistics support and guidance on preparing for trip
- Sim card
- Airport pick-up
- 40hr Cultural Immersion Experience
- Letter of recommendation for future employment
- Medical insurance
- Any sort of financial assistance
- Day-to-day transport
- Degree holders preferred
- All ages and nationalities considered
- Relevant experience will strengthen your application