VOLUNTEER AT RESCUE PAWS
Why Rescue P.A.W.S?
Make a difference while exploring Thailand’s cultural richness by volunteering with an innovative, Animal Rescue Organization in Thailand. Join us on our quest to reduce the stray dog population of Thailand through microchipping, education and tender love and care.
Who are we?
XploreAsia co-founded Rescue P.A.W.S. in 2013, an animal rescue organization based in the beach resort town of Hua Hin, Thailand on the site of a famous Thai temple. Rescue P.A.W.S. aims to tackle the major problem of street dog overpopulation using an innovative, three-pronged approach of microchipping/tracking, education and sterilization.
Take a look at our latest video to see The Rescue P.A.W.S. Volunteer Experience!
Volunteering and Much More!
Rescue P.A.W.S. relies heavily on volunteers to help them achieve their mission of reducing the stray population and caring for street dogs. But we also realize that for volunteers, coming to Thailand is a wonderful opportunity to not only help street dogs and cats, but also explore the rich culture and history that Thailand has to offer. During downtime, Rescue P.A.W.S. staff take volunteers on many fun and culturally enriching excursions. These include:
- Kui Buri Elephant Nature Reserve – Safari drive through the park to see elephants in the wild!
- Sam Roi Yot National Park – A beautiful hike to a magnificent hidden cave temple
- Meditation Session with Local Monks – Learn more about Buddhism and the art of meditation
- Thai cooking lessons – Learn how to make delicious authentic Thai food
Rescue P.A.W.S. volunteers embark on a life-changing journey of self-discovery working with a small animal rescue organization making a difference on an important problem. They give voice to animals who do not have a voice, but who are in desperate need of love and support. Though this journey, volunteers make a major impact, explore the Thai culture, make great friendships and form life-long bonds, and end up with an unforgettable experience.
Who can be a Volunteer?
Do you love animals? Want to give back to the community? Come join us in beautiful Thailand and get involved with Rescue P.A.W.S. Our four-legged friends will be happy to meet you!
Rescue P.A.W.S has a team of full-time staff and volunteers. The team is tight-knit and extremely passionate about animal care.
While some of our local staff are animal care specialists, the majority of our volunteers are foreign and non-specialized. The only requirement to be a volunteer at Rescue P.A.W.S. animal rescue program is to have an immense love for animals and a willingness to go the extra mile for those who cannot help themselves. Thousands of animals have already been helped, but there are thousands of malnourished and abandoned animals still in need of our help.
Rescue P.A.W.S also welcomes experienced vets and vets-in-training with open arms and our resident vets are happy to serve as mentors and advisors.
When can I come?
With flexible start dates throughout the year, and durations for as little as one week and as long as six months, we have an animal rescue program and timeline to suit any schedule or preference.
Make a Difference, Learn a Variety of Skills
Rescue P.A.W.S. daily activities include:
- Daily feeding runs around Hua Hin. Feeding runs are a great opportunity to monitor the health and numbers of different animal packs under our care.
- Cleaning of the clinic and general maintenance. This means sweeping, mopping, and sanitizing of the clinic, fixing anything from plumbing to fences, and more.
- Administration of medical care in the clinic and in the field.
- Office administration. Paper work, yes this is important and requires constant attention. Making sure the books are kept up-to-date, and our databases are accurate is an important part of keeping Rescue P.A.W.S. animal rescue program running smoothly.
- The upkeep of our social media sites and developing projects to spread the reach of Rescue P.A.W.S. globally.
- Loving and caring for street animals.
If you happen to be passing through Hua Hin and would like to make a positive impact, be sure to visit Wagging Tales Cafe, our non-profitable coffee shop where all proceeds go towards Rescue Paws itself (https://www.facebook.com/waggingtalescafe/).